Registrierung Kalender FAQ & Boardregeln Suche Mitgliederliste Moderatoren und Administratoren Linkdatenbank Startseite
Tradestation User Group Germany » freie Foren » Newbies » we learned last week, that we cant turn the ball over and win.Former L » Hallo Gast [registrieren|anmelden]
« Vorheriges Thema Nächstes Thema » Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag
Gast

we learned last week, that we cant turn the ball over and win.Former LAntwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

GLENDALE, Ariz. Miles Plumlee Bucks Jersey . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. Zbynek Michalek scored against his former team, his first goal in 83 games, and the Coyotes became the first Pacific Division team to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in regulation this season with a 3-1 victory on Saturday night. Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist for Phoenix. Radim Vrbata scored the third goal for the Coyotes, who were coming off perhaps their worst loss of the season, 3-2 at home to the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night. "I think we had something to prove," Michalek said. "We believed in this room that when we play the right way, we can play against any team. I think tonight was a great effort by everybody." Evgeni Malkin scored for the Penguins, who entered 8-0-1 against Pacific Division foes. Michaleks previous goal was scored on March 5, 2012, for Pittsburgh against Phoenix. "Its been almost two years," he said. "Hopefully I dont have to wait that long for the next one." Michalek acknowledged that he had extra motivation for this one. "For sure," he said. "This one feels good, and for me even sweeter. Anytime you play against your former team, you want to show up, you want to win." The Penguins, who had won three straight over the Coyotes, made their first appearance in Arizona in 3 1-2 years. Mike Smith, back in goal after Phoenix had gone with Thomas Greiss the previous two games, made 23 saves. Pittsburghs Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 27 shots. With just 24 shots, the Penguins offence was off its usual form. "Tonight was a tough-fought game. There wasnt a lot out there," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. "Thats the kind of games we expect. We have to be able to play a patient game, not be taking chances with the way we play or the way we play with the puck." Playing in front 17,362, the Coyotes second-largest home crowd this season, Pittsburgh fell behind 2-0. The Penguins made it a one-goal game before Vrbatas shot on a 2-on-1 rush slipped through Fleury to make it 3-1 with 15:47 to play. The Penguins fell to 2-10 in games in which NHL scoring leader Sidney Crosby fails to get a point. "They play good team defence as a group," Crosby said. "I think we didnt make it tough enough on them. We didnt hold the puck in their zone. Theyre pretty good at blocking shots and getting their stick on pucks. "You have to give them credit, but I dont think we did a good enough job of creating, either. I think we could have done more there." Coyotes coach Dave Tippett credited the defence of Oliver Ekman-Larsson against the Crosby line. "Ollie was all-world there," Tippett said. "Thats an unbelievable game by him." Ekman-Larsson called it "a good challenge for me and Z (Michalek)." "I think we did a pretty good job all night," he said. "So it was fun." Ribeiro put Phoenix ahead 1-0 with his 14th goal of the season and 200th of his career. His wrist shot from the left circle got past Fleurys left side and rattled in with 7:18 to play in the opening period. David Schlemnko and Antoine Vermette had assists. Vermette extended his career-high point streak to seven games. Ribeiros goal came just after Pittsburgh killed a penalty. After Pittsburghs prolific power play failed to score, Phoenix made it 2-0 on Michaleks slap shot past Fleury with 9:50 left in the second. Ekman-Larsson and Ribeiro got the assists. The Penguins made it one-goal game when Malkin scored his 16th of the season, from the right side of the net off a pass from James Neal. Jussi Jokinen also got an assist on the goal. NOTES: Pittsburgh is 11-4-1 against the Western Conference. ... The Penguins are 10-13-1 when their opponent scores first. ... Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left the ice after taking a puck to the face in the third period. ... The only other Pacific Division team to beat Pittsburgh was Edmonton 4-3 in OT on Jan. 10. ... The Penguins last played in Arizona in November 2010. Rashad Vaughn Bucks Jersey . Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley told local media in comments published Wednesday that John Tomic would not be allowed into Melbourne Park in any official capacity or as a spectator. Chris Copeland Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, sources said Manuels college coach Jimbo Fisher told teams he didnt think Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter. http://www.basketballbucksauthority.com/...cks-jersey-c-9/ .com) - Quarterback Cardale Jones will return to Ohio State next season.MONTREAL - No one needs to tell Troy Smith or Kevin Glenn they have to step up their games following disappointing Week 1 losses in which both quarterbacks struggled as the Alouettes welcome the Lions to Montreal for their home opener.The Heisman Trophy-winner replacing future Hall of Famer Anthony Calvillo at quarterback completed fewer than half his passes as the Montreal Alouettes offence fired blanks in its CFL season opener last week in Calgary.Smith hopes to start clicking with his receivers and moving the ball when the Alouettes (0-1) take on the B.C. Lions (0-1) in a bounce-back game for both teams at Percival Molson Stadium on Friday night.It falls on my shoulders as a quarterback, said Smith, who put up only 154 passing yards in a 29-8 loss to the Stampeders. I have to do a better job of decision-making and distributing the ball.We have weapons all over the field, but if we dont protect and get the ball out on time, these weapons mean nothing. So its on me.The Lions 35-year-old pivot Kevin Glenn may be thinking the same. His team took an early 14-0 lead but he then threw four interceptions in a 27-20 loss to the Edmonton Eskimos. It was only the third time the Lions lost at home since 2011.And this week the Lions go into the game with the virtually unknown Ryan Cave playing the key position on the offensive line, left tackle. Cave was rushed in this week after Andre Ramsey fractured an ankle, Cave had only two practices with his new team.The upside is that Cave spent most of training camp with the Alouettes and knows the players he will be trying to block.Everyone knows theres a new guy on the offensive line whos had two days of practice, but hes a very intelligent guy, very football smart, said Glenn. Hes picked up the scheme and blocking assignments very quickly.Well see what happens in a game but I have confidence hell do well.The Alouettes got a break on Thursday when CFL disciplinarians elected to give linebacker Kyries Hebert a fine rather than a suspension for his clothesline tackle on Calgarys Jon Cornish.So the stage is set for yet another in a long history of close battles between the Alouettes and Lions in Montreal. Last season, a last-play Sean Whyte field goal gave Montreal a 39-38 win.B.C. coach Mike Benevides played film of that game to his players as a reminder.What happened last year was BS, said Benevides. We had multiple turnovers and didnt score off it.We became unglued somewhat and, at the end of the game, theres a quarterback that hadnt played a lot (Tanner Marsh) who finds a way to get into field goal range and beat you. You cant let that happen.Smith was tabbed as the Alouettes starter going into their first season since 2000 without CFL al-time passing leader Calvillo behind centre.He had an impressive array of receivers led by S. Mirza Teletovic Bucks Jersey. J. Green, but wasnt able to find them consistently, often overthrowing them. The teams lone touchdown by running back Steven Lumbala came on the final play of the game after pair of Calgary roughing calls put the ball on the one.More reps, more practice, was Smiths answer to what he needs to find his groove. As a quarterback, I think staring down the eye of adversity and understanding that only you can surface yourself out should be fun.Anybody who is worth their weight in marbles would not want to dig themselves into a situation like this, but would love to dig themselves out.How long first-year coach Tom Higgins will stick with Smith if the offence doesnt click remains to be seen. Marsh is the backup, and third stringer Alex Brink has CFL experience.When asked about it, Higgins didnt rule it out. But he expects that Smith only needs time and experience with CFL football to succeed.I dont know if were going to a two-quarterback system, he said. Im hoping thats not the case.But Troy has been under pressure before. Its about production. Its about us giving him an opportunity to be successful. I think we have the ability to run the football. We need to do that. We need to get the ball out of Troys hand quicker in certain situations, but also give him an opportunity to air the ball out.The Alouettes will be without key receiver Duran Carter, as well as safety Mike Edem, with ankle injuries.The Lions have started the season without No. 1 quarterback Travis Lulay, who is on the six-game injured list with a shoulder injury. The 35-year-old Glenn completed 18 of 28 passes for 251 yards against the Eskimos, including 102 yards to Andrew Harris.Cutting down on turnovers will be the top priority, although that will be a challenge against a ball-hungry Montreal defence.Theyre an attack defence, said Glenn. They come after you.They want to disrupt the offence and cause turnovers, and thats one thing we learned last week, that we cant turn the ball over and win.Former Lions defensive end Chris Wilson will likely line up across from Cave, but linebackers like Hebert and Chip Cox will no doubt also test the newcomer as he tries to play one of the most difficult positions on the field with little practice time.Benevides is confident the six-foot-five 345-pound Cave wont be trampled.With the challenge a very good Montreal defence presents, at least his advantage is that hes seen those men and what they can do, said Benevides. Yeah, its not an ideal world to have a professional player playing after two days with the program, but thats the challenge we have to face.Hes done a good job. Hes a smart player, a big player. In three days of knowing him, I like him a lot.Note to readers: CORRECTS Smiths passing yards to 154 sted 148 in fourth graf. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

29.06.2017, 07:50
  « Vorheriges Thema Nächstes Thema »
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: